Sunday, 26 July 2009

Weekend golf - August 1st/2nd


Weekend golf will be more tricky to organise this weekend due to the fact that Burhill is hosting the Europro Open from Thursday on the New Course. Highlights will be on Sky TV in August and I shall post times here. For anyone interested, Leaderboard is here.


On the Sunday, there is also the August Medal on the Old in the morning.

I am unavailable on the Saturday as am going to Edgbaston Test; Colin back from his hols on Sunday, so he and I planning to play in the Medal.

14 comments:

  1. kathryn and I played 9 holes last night: when we got to the club there was a group on the 5th Old, involving 5 buggies with lots of people, led by Mike from the pro shop. By the time we got to the 8th, they were just completing the 9th... manically slow and still lots of people, most apparently from the Indian subcontinent.

    On the terrace afterwards, I questioned Mike as to what on earth was going on: apparently, the whole circus was to allow ex-President of Pakistan, General Musharraf, to play a few holes.

    The entourage consisted not only of his own security personnel but also two Special Branch officers were also in attendance.

    As Mike said, the golf they were playing was "awful"...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anybody for golf this friday(tommorow) for 9 holes commencing 6 pm?


    roland

    ReplyDelete
  3. Already playing in the Twilight Golf this evening: you could probably join but would need a partner in a skirt...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear All

    Good lucjk with golf plans this wekend. We're off tommorow morning and back late next saturday night. Available for golf sunday am or PM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have fun... very jealous: I could do with the sun on my back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, that trip to Edgbaston was, in every sense of the words, a washout. We saw not a ball bowled and drove the 2+ hrs home through some of the worst rain we've ever seen.... welcome to the British summer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Any interest in a Friday afternoon/early evening session ? I am around, as I am delivering the war dept. to Heathrow in the morning, where she goes off to Canada for a week...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mark - if I can change a meeting in London on Friday PM to AM, I should be OK. Better still - might try and cancel it entirely. I'll let you know - early evening would be best.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Most excellent..just let me know when you want to start...

    ReplyDelete
  10. For anyone interested in seeing Burhill on the box, set your Sky+ for:

    Wed, 12th August, 9am Sky Sports 2

    to watch highlights of the recent EurPro event at the Club.

    ReplyDelete
  11. martin - what time are you starting saturday ??

    ReplyDelete
  12. We have the Burhill EuroPro event on Sky+ at home if anyone interested: really fun to see your home course on the box. Let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anyone up for this evening/late afternoon ?

    And any weekend plans ? With the wicked witch of the North still in Canada, I am totally committed to golf...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mark - you're on the wrong week. :-) There's a father's and son's thing on Sunday (16th) which I won't be invoved in, but there are also Sat morning plans. Check out this post: http://jamieleecurtiscup.blogspot.com/2009/08/weekend-golf-1516th-august.html

    ReplyDelete