Well we did manage to get to play Torrey Pines... sneaking out whilst the ladies sunbathed by the pool... and great fun it was too. We took advantage of a limited number of walk-on tee-times they have available early in the morning and were out on the first hole by 0645. The sea-side fog took a short while to burn through which meant that the first few holes were a bit of an adventure into nothingness, but once the sun came through the course was great! We played the South Course (scene of the dramatic final day between Woods/Mediate at the 2008 US Open), though we were not off the back tees (>7,200 yds!). Great fun.Which brings us to next weekend at Burhill... what are the plans out there? Old course is closed on Sat morning for a shotgun start.
Am available essentially all weekend - any takers? Only preference would be a not too-early start...
ReplyDeleteTEST - Colin having posting problems...
ReplyDeleteold course greens just got gritted on Monday and are a bit of a mess right now anyway. I played Tuesday late afternoon and regretted it!
ReplyDelete(not really). I am plyaing in the Hospice charity day Monday but would certainly consider Saturday or Sunday...like Martin, not too early in the am, or perhaps a 1:30 pm start either day...
Last weekend was the worst golf I have played in 15 years. As such I am going to give it a miss for the time being - rather I shall go skiing in Hemel. And then Dorset beckons. Enjoy!
ReplyDeletehappy to play over the wkend, with a slight preference for Sunday
ReplyDeleteColin and I planning to play at 0900 tmrw morning: any takers?
ReplyDeletelooking at the weather forecast tomorrow looks like the right choice this wkend. You can count me in...
ReplyDeleteI now have a date with my friend Eric Pettigrew at 8:30. See you in the bar !
ReplyDeletePlaying burhill sat pm with Adrian and chief honcho from new vic hospital sat pm! Playing with another bum surgeon Sunday pm at burhill! Happy for anyone to Join us!
ReplyDelete