Saturday, 21 November 2009

Weekend golf - 28/29th November

Happy Thanksgiving to all our American Readers!

When I was a student in the Sates, I used to get sick of the question "do you guys celebrate Thanksgiving in England?". Eventually, I responded with "Yes, on the 4th July". This usually produced a strange look, followed by either a blank stare or a scowl...

For those not ingesting Turkey, golf will be played at the weekend as per normal: all plans to be made here!

9 comments:

  1. OK - golf on either Sat or Sun morning good for me. Sat preferred as it's sooner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aah. Can't do Sat a.m. - can do Sat pm or anytime Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not yet sure what works - but if it rains like it did last Sunday, you'll find me in the bar!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Colin - Sat am works for me. We may be going to tennis on Sunday at O2.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could play Sat a.m. provided we start very early (e.g. 8 a.m.) as I will need to be back home by 12.30.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sat am is bets for me as also need to be back home early afternoon and the wife now has plans for me on Sunday (sorry Nigel). 8.00am is fine with me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bets on the brain!!! Best (I mean)

    ReplyDelete
  8. 0800 for a swift coffee it is then. I may have a bleary-eyed youth in tow.

    Happy Thaksgiving all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How many are in the queue for Sat ?
    I could make up a 4th...at 8!

    ReplyDelete