Monday, 12 April 2010

Weekend Golf - 17/18th April

Well it wasn't to be - the poor guy has now finished in the top 3 in all of the recent Majors and just cannot seal the deal... still three more tries in 2010!

But only 19 days to go for the real major of the year, of which Messrs Westwood, Mickleson and co are fortunately blissfully unaware, which leaves the field wide open for the rest of us!

Chances for some match practice are disappearing fast; this weekend is the Professionals turn to host a competition at Burhill - a 1020 start time has been reserved for some...

12 comments:

  1. Happy to play on Saturday, if there's any interest. Sunday is more difficult, since I need to take the children to their respective schools.
    Regards,
    Rolf

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rolf - Colin, Roland and I are playing in Tournament on Sat. Looking forward to hearing about your vacation! Martin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be arriving back in London on Friday. Nigel, Mark, Robert and Adrian: any interest in a friendly round on Saturday? We can't let the others get a head start by playing competitions before the big event. Time is running out fast...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't play Saturday (though Stuart might be persuaded). Can/will play Sunday afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Weekend plans are beginning to look shaky, as my return flight has just been cancelled...

    ReplyDelete
  6. ... England's airspace will remain closed for most of Friday as ash from a volcanic eruption in Iceland continues to drift across the country.

    The grounding of all non-emergency flights from airports - which began on Thursday morning - will remain in place until at least 1900 BST.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Talking of which.... Did you see the Tweet yesterday from some Scottish bloke? "Dear Iceland, we said send CASH!" lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. I shall be on the course tonight, honing my new swing, should anyone care to join. Does Rolf not realise we've been under an intensive training regime for the past 3 weeks, with positive results clear to all? I think not. Not sure many will be picking him in the raffle!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nigel, I would like to join you this (Friday 16th)afternoon...when are you planning on being there ? I was supposed to be flying to NYC today for a four day reunion ...so I am very available for golf all weekend too !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Should be theree by 5.45pm. Hoping that Colin will join us. See you there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'll be there - it's been confirmed!

    ReplyDelete