Next weekend is the August Bank Holiday (the last "free" day off before Christmas...) and is also the date of the Notting Hill Carnival. Hard to believe but it is apparently only the Rio Carnival in Brazil which is a bigger such street event...it has been running since 1966, but has yet to be graced with my presence...
...nor will that happen in 2010 either. Instead I hope to find someone to play golf at Burhill. Monday sees the holding of the Pop Rees Shield (Mixed Foursomes, but not allowed to play with your spouse), but Saturday or Sunday are free. Any plans, guys?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I shall be taming the Irish Sea beast that is www.nefyn-golf-club.com but I wish you a very jolly Bank Holiday weekend. I shall probably be on the course tonight at c. 6pm, if anyone cares to join. Maybe it will be the last evening opportunity of the year?
ReplyDeletewill be in Hamburg for a friend's 50th this weekend(unfortunately he's not a golfer, so becoming a senior does not mean too much to him). Could potentially play on Monday, though.
ReplyDeleteWill try my utmost to join in tonight at 6 p.m.
Looks like just Lawrence and Jelfs on Sat morning... Adrian : any chance you fancy being beaten by someone other than Roland....?
ReplyDeleteI will make it a threesome on Sat. morning....
ReplyDeleteThe usual 8:30 ?
Not sure tet as my mother may be coming this wekend. Should know tommorow
ReplyDeleteIf able will join on saturday
Roly - are you on for Sat or should we be looking elsewhere for a 4th? M
ReplyDeleteMartin you are a cruel SOB. Don't think I can make Saturday as I am back at the clinic having the dressings on my pride re-done. Apparently I might be ready for action again in a couple of months but will only play with Roland again if I can play off the ladies tees
ReplyDeletePoor adrian ! ladies tees next time!
ReplyDeletecan play tommorow but the earlier the better as i have to go to kent in afternoon
can we go for 8 am? then time for a drink after1 Adrian, do you plan to play?
roland
Can do 0800 start...I think....not sure if the muffins'll be ready though... ;-)
ReplyDelete0800 works for me..those muffins were outstanding; i would hate to miss more...
ReplyDeleteCANT PLAY WITHOUT MUFFINS!
ReplyDeleteTry playing with a golf ball - you might score more points!
ReplyDeleteWelcome back Robert!
ReplyDelete