Monday, 18 October 2010

Weekend Golf - 23/24th October 2010

This weekend mark's anniversary of first appearance of these characters: then called schtroupmfs in the French-language comic in which they featured and smurfs in the Flemish one.  Very much part of my childhood in Belgium, these characters were the work of a cartoonist called Peyo and as I am sure you remember their language involved regularly substituting the word for common nouns and verbs: "pass the schtroumpf please" or "Burhill's a great place for schtroumpfing" etc.  As kids, we used to collect all the different characters...happy days!

Enough of that blast of nostalgia: there are more important things to discuss, namely this weekend's golf. 

There is a Stableford arranged for Saturday morning on the New Course: Colin and Martin have withdrawn from this as they have to play the next round of their Autumn Foursomes; I believe this leaves Roland and Nigel signed up as Rolf has scratched too.  whoever's around, I am sure we shall meet in the bar afterwards...

2 comments:

  1. Hi Martin,
    I got your message. The answer is "no, I did not play in the competition yesterday. I am in Paris this weekend, on my way back from Bonn, where we spent halfterm with the girls."
    As far as I remember, I have put my name down for the Stableford in two weeks' time.
    I hope you are all well.
    Regards,
    Rolf

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nigel and i played yesterday.

    How come nobody has put us down for any of the stablefords and medals?

    ReplyDelete