Although the fireworks have already started, this weekend marks the true celebration of the terrorist activities of one Guido Fawkes.... very strange that, five hundred years later, we are still marking the foiling of a plot to blow up the Houses of Parliament in this fashion.
More worrying is the fact that apparently this old tradition is increasingly being shunned for the Hallmark Holiday that is Hallowe'en... "Penny for the Guy" is probably be a phrase that means nothing to our kids?
Fortunately some other traditions do persist: that of weekend golf! There is a Stableford on the Saturday for which some of us are signed up (and last time I looked there will still slots for other if interested). Martinis fortunate enough to have been invited to play at Worplesdon, which should be fun - especially if this mild weather we are experiencing makes it through to the weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Dear All,
ReplyDeletecannot make saturday as working in morning and medical reunion in the afternoon
can play sunday if anyone free
Rolando - comp this Saturday which I suspect a few of us are down for. Sadly, I can't play Sun, but I'm sure there will be those that can.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI could play 1st thing Saturday, but probably won't. Have fun everyone!
ReplyDeleteanyone to play with me (golf) on sunday?
ReplyDeleteSorry - am at Worplesdon all day...
ReplyDelete