This weekend gives us all the chance to see if we can emulate Rory...and shoot a round of 80... Poor guy!
There is a competition at Burhill on the Saturday: it's Professionals Day, which if my memory serves correctly means no fee to enter, some prizes for longest drive/closest to the pin etc. and the chance to beat the pro at the par 3 6th hole.
Let's all hope that this weather holds...for the weekend and the six that follow....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Right. It's Wednesday and my thoughts turn prematurely to the weekend. Anyone have any plans? I can play Saturday or Sunday, maybe both!
ReplyDeleteThe shot from the Masters that will live with me for a long time was not some awesome drive, stone dead putt or fluky chip in. It was the shot of poor McIlroy with his head down on the handle of his driver on the 13th Tee having just spanked it into the creek! How I know that feeling!
ReplyDeleteI'm playing Professional's day on Saturday then driving to Cornwall for a few days on Sunday, so that is me spoken for this weekend!
Playing Angora on sunday at 2.30. Can anyone do professionals day ?
ReplyDeleteRemember doing it before! What time is tee if ? Only a faint possibility
Roland Morley? Professional's Day? New Pings? Playing off 26? 44 points? Fair? I don't think so.
ReplyDeleteI went to Club to check Professionals' Day tee time: Martin, Nigel, Colin off at 0924 on Saturday morning.
ReplyDeleteStuart and Benedict off a couple of hours later. Still plenty of red slots available for others interested in joining but those only fillable on day itself.
rolf not playing?
ReplyDeletecan't play as Benedict is using his clubs in the competition and I won't get mine until next week...
ReplyDeleteRolf, do you want to borrow a set?
ReplyDeleteroland
Thanks for the offer, Roland! Very much appreciated.
ReplyDeleteI would not want to play in the competion with borrowed clubs as my handicap would certainly go up, which I do not want to burden my fellow JLC pals with.
I am leaving for Burhill now to practice some chipping ahead of Benedict's competition start. If you like to play outside the competition, please join me (with some clubs).
Thanks again, Rolf