Friday, 30 December 2011

New Year's Best Wishes


Happy New Year to all JLCers!

Only 125 days or so to go until we don the wets in Dublin....

In the meantime, please feel free to pick the one of the three New Year Resolutions that applies to you - or if you're greedy, have all of them - or if you've a better idea, do share it!

In 2012, I shall:

1. Reduce my club handicap by 2+ strokes or
2. Lose at least a stone in weight (Rolf -  that's 6.4 kg to you!) or
3. Have made a major life-style change, personally or professionally

13 comments:

  1. OK - I'm up for this challenge. It's easy.

    I figure two out of three achieved would be an excellent result, so I won't be going for 2 as I'd need to stop eating and indulging in good red wine (two things I enjoy) and probably run about a bit (which I no longer enjoy). So, I plan to do 1 anyway as with my new clubs I figure it will be easy and because I'm so shallow, a 2 stroke cut in my golf handicap would also count as a major personal life-style change!

    1 and 3 for me then. Sorted!

    Happy New Year to all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to everybody. Are we still on for The Plough tonight, and who is coming?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry guys, I won't be there as our friends from Manchester are arriving this evening. We will, however,be playing golf tomorrow, although don't yet know what time. Will leave a blog post when I do.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can somebody please tell me the difference between Old Plough and New Plough or just Plough. Happy to meet at the Plough in Station Road, where met before. Otherwise please send link with directions...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gentleman

    Happy New Year to you all

    Anyone playing golf this weekend? Can do sunday but not saturday

    ReplyDelete
  6. Roland, Sunday is good for me. What time?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy to play on Sunday as well. What about 10 a.m.?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Landing Sunday morning - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How are we doing guys? I can report a tick in box No. 2....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well - I figure we both played around our handicaps at the weekend, so with a comp this weekend (and if the weather warms up a bit) there's a good chance I can do well with the new clubs. ....and if I achieve 1, then automatically I achieve 3, so put me down for 2 x tick (nearly).

    ReplyDelete
  11. well with the knee being operated on tomorrow and out of action for some time then 1 highly unlikely........ wish me luck with my op tomorrow ...........

    2 unlikely as like colin enjoy my wine too much and not going to give that up!

    3 has been achieved as started as director of surgery today and just been elected as chairman of our national speciality association from january 2013 - 2015, so I'm sure that counts and don't have to achieve 1!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I, on the other hand, have achieved nuffink ....

    ReplyDelete