Next weekend is the Captains' Charity Day, for some reason with the funds to be generated to be donated to a new scout hut....
Three of us are signed up to play the competition which takes the form of a four man team event, best two scores on each hole to score, and I am sure there will be some mulligans to buy and also nearest the pin etc.
Event is an 0830 shotgun start and we are playing off the 9th (well done, Martin!). A BBQ lunch follows, to which any non players are also welcome (Colin?).
Have a great week all....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

So, it is now very obvious to see that my poor ranking in this year's JLCC was due to the effects of an advancing duodenal ulcer and not in fact anything to do with me being crap at golf and a serial under-performer. So, my faith is renewed, I will be 'turning up'; there's still time to get my name on that Cup!
ReplyDeleteThank you all so much for your kind words and thoughts over my troubled time, and I'm delighted to report that I have bounced back in better form than I was when I was 'well' before I got ill (because I clearly wasn't).
So, yes please Martin - a week's further recuperation is all I need before I swing a club again, and I'm happy to have my name down for Captain's Charity Day. I am sure my two eminent surgeon friends will advise if I'm being hasty.
One further point, if you take any form of pain relief/muscle relaxant before playing golf (nurofen, ibuProfen, etc) check this link and probably plan a chat with the Doc! http://www.webmd.boots.com/digestive-disorders/h-pylori-infection-getting-rid-of-h-pylori-when-youre-taking-nsaids?page=4#5136
Cheers
Colin - excellent to see you back home and hopefully fully on the mend... In anticipation of your continued incapacity and to make sure that we had a full team, we have though called up a reserve for Saturday, but it would be great if you could join us for the lunch!
ReplyDeleteMay be available for a gentle swing on the Sunday if that works?
off to Burhill now; any company welcome...
ReplyDelete