Good morning. I now have confirmation of the tee times for the 2 rounds of golf to be played at Royal Portrush on the 1st May (1400hrs Valley Course) and the 4th May ( 0940hrs at the magnificent Dunluce course). So the flights I think work best is BMI out of LHR as follows:
1 May BMI82 dep 0850 arr 1010, and
4 May BMI93 dep1950 arr 2110
I just need to firm up on 1 tee time and decide which of the 2 hotels to patronise, BUT I will be in position to book flights this week, I presume.
SO - who wants me to book flights for them? I assume none of you have BMI (Star Alliance?) Miles. But please do let me know ASAP. And please confirm your name as it is stated on your passports.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Nigel - sounds great. Details requested sent by separate email. Martin
ReplyDeletePS - countdown update with new departure time: by my reckonong we are pretty much half-way to JLC 2010... all downhill from here on in!
ReplyDeleteOK further decision time. Hotels. The 2 obvious hotels are the 'Best' Western Magherobuoy which works out, on average, at £180pp/3nts, or the Ramada Portrush at £204pp/3nts. Neither of these sounds terribly exciting, and I'm not sure the atmosphere/food would be that great. http://www.ramadaportrush.com/index.php/en/folder1 and http://www.magherabuoy.co.uk/ Reviews are so so, and not much more. An alternative which sounds altogether nicer with better food atmosphere and bar would seem to be the Bushmills Inn http://www.bushmills-inn.com/about.asp?p=1 The reviews (Tripadvisor) are encouraging. As with all better things (well, generally anyway) you don't get owt for nowt and the cost is on average £288pp/3nts - so £80 more than the most likely alternative. What do we all think? Worth £80 for the better ambiance and craic? I await your intelligent replies!
ReplyDeletevote for Bushmills (in an intelligent manner..)
ReplyDeleteOK chaps! I'm going with Bushmills, and will book 7 x flights today. I calculate that the cost of flights, mimibus hire, 4 x rounds of golf plus the hotel works out at (avge) £730. Of that £325 is the golf - reflecting the quality of the courses we are going to play. That's not bad - I reckon. Will hopefully come through in total south of a grand. More than I would have liked, but I don't think I can do too much better. I shll start henceforth to get some serious practice in, as I am determined to battle through the heather, wind, rain and bunkers to emerge victorious. (And then I woke up)
ReplyDeleteContinue dreaming!Went round all 4 courses in 60 over and won JLC!
ReplyDeleteThat's what my dream told me!
Nigel - please shout if you want any cash at this stage.
ReplyDeleteFlights booked - but unfortunately it's £25 each way i.e. £50 to take our clubs with us. Thieving barstewards. Pre meals and beers the total is £774. The schedule is thus:
ReplyDelete1 May dep LHR 0850, arr BHD 1010
Play Royal Portrush Valley Course 1400, 1410
2 May
Play Portstewart 1500, 1510
3 May
Play Castlerock 0930, 0940
4 May
Play Royal Portrush Dunluce Links 0940 0950
Dep BHD 1950 arr LHR 2110
Nigel,
ReplyDeleteDo you require some cash? If so please let us have payment details. Well done for arranging this. It all looks very good.
Robert
Nigel - am working on the scoring spreadsheet... which course are playing at Portstewart (Old or Riverside?). Martin
ReplyDeleteThe Old. (I think - will check my records tomorrow)
ReplyDeleteNigel,
ReplyDeletePlease book for me and my name in my passport is
"Robert McNally"
Sounds good
Robert