Monday, 21 June 2010

Weekend Golf - 26/27th June

Two pictures vied for the honour of heading our blog this week. The obvious one is of course Wimbledon.. two weeks of unbroken sunshine head our way from south west London. Views will be varied about the chances of a British/Scottish win, but no doubt the country's hopes will be dashed before too long!

So let's put all that to one side and instead celebrate the success of the lad from Portrush in Norn Iron, the one they call Gmac. It was a great performance and one that really helps put British golf back seriously on the map. If, like me, you were not up to staying up all night to see it happen, you can record the highlights this morning: absolutely excellent, first UK Major winner for a very long time.

To return to the mundane, and ignoring any conversation about what may or may not happen on Wednesday...golf next weekend... Arrangements to be made here: Saturday morning is a go for Colin and Martin, so who else will join us?

24 comments:

  1. Saturday morning works well for me. I'm also probably out tomorrow evening for 9 holes or so, with a 6-ish start if anyone cares to join. What a nice chap that McDowell seems, and well done to him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice intro Martin - it's times like these that it makes you proud to be 'British'!
    ....and then there's the World Cup, where we can't avoid being English. Let's hope after Wed we can still be proud!

    Sat works for me and Tuesday night is a deffo yes! 6.00 it is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also definitely there Tuesday at 6.
    I also liked the Pebble Beach result, but also liked the fact that both Tiger and Mickelson
    played well...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sat a.m. fine with me; tomorrow maybe too...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll bring my son and heir this evening, so maybe there will be 5 of us. Stu and I can split off.

    ReplyDelete
  6. working sat am , busy sat pm and cricket sunday am. Anyone free to play pm on sunday? Away till thursday pm

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am up for more twilight golf on Thursday night and/or Friday night...starting at 6 pm

    ReplyDelete
  8. Will try the twilight tomorrow and/or Friday depending on workload...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Roly - no can do sorry - have a family party in Leics.

    Mark - be aware, there is a Twilight Golf Mixed 4somes on Friday evening so Old Course will be closed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I guess the main trouble would be making it from the car park down to the New Course without getting too grossed out by all the butt-ugly women...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can do Thursday evening, not Friday. Martin might just understand the reason for this! Can't play Sunday, unless c. 5-6pm tee off.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the reminder, Nigel!

    Have just put a bet on the game this afternon being a draw - literally hedging my bets!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So Rolando - still playing golf on Sunday pm... with Rolf?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am sure our friendship will survive this!

    ReplyDelete
  15. As long as its not a penalty shoot out !!!!!!

    Am i playing on my own?

    ReplyDelete
  16. careful....makes you go blind!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I propose a Sunday post match round of 8 or 9 holes, starting at 6:45. We will either be celebrating or needing to drown our sorrows; either way golf is a great way to revert back to the mean...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Not available. Will hopefully see someone at 0830 on Saturday morning.
    The Lemon

    ReplyDelete
  19. I shall certainly be there! Understand that Colin and Rolf also in the frame.

    Happy Anniversary to you and Fiona, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I will be there Sat morn, but not available on either Fri eve or Sun. 8.15 for coffee anyone?

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am fine for tomorrow too.
    May even play a few holes tonight (ca. 5.30 p.m.) Any company welcome...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Rolf - Re: this evening - I've fallen for that one before!
    0815 coffee is veldig bra.

    ReplyDelete
  23. dear mark,

    may not be able to make this as at cricket match with dominic. Call me on 07973 332273 nearer the time and i can update

    roland

    ReplyDelete