They think it's all over... it is now! No doubt the Lampard non-goal will occupy the chattering classes for the next few days - the reality is that our defenders went AWOL and we did not deserve to progress any further: time for the big boys to sort it out.Attention can perhaps turn to the fact that we have just beaten Oz three times in a row in an ODI.,.. there's something to celebrate! And a tear should also be shed for Justin Rose's implosionon Sunday, which did nothing to raise the UK's sporting spirits last night.
So enough of all that: what are the plans for the games that really matter? And the question we are all waiting to ask: which particular two hour slot will Roland put forward from his manic schedule for our consideration this weekend??
Before turning our attention to the weekend, some of us have suggested playing Tuesday evening (6.00pm start?). Leaving the Club Sat I bumped into Brian Davis who has cleared his diary that evening and would like to join us. I know that Nigel, Marting and I are free, so we have a 4 ball, but if there are other takers we can arrange accordingly.
ReplyDeleteOn to the weekend. 8.30 Sat worked fine last weekend. Same again?
Sorry Martin(g)- banana fingers this morning!
ReplyDeleteSounds good. In theory I shall be up there with Stuart this evening at around 6.15, should anyone care to join.
ReplyDeleteMy mother-in-law his here at the moment and I am happy to play tomorrow (and all other evenings this week).
ReplyDeleteAs for today, I was thinking of going on the short game practice range to practice some of the tips from a short game DVD which Mark felt compelled to give me, when he saw the sorry state of my chipping and putting last week. Thanks Mark!
dear all,
ReplyDeletework continues unabated! cant play tuesday evening but friday is a possibility. wednesday Jocelyn birthday.Thursday eve working.Saturday working in morning and last school cricket match of season, pm. Might have to umpire cricket match sunday am, but should know by thursday.
Sunday PM, 500th Anniversary celebrations at RGS, so as you can see plenty of time for golf!