If you're feeling weary thinking about a return to work on Monday, spare a thought for the poor guys on the Tour de France which finishes this weekend. They will have completed more than 3,000km over the past week and had some incredible climbs to cope with - my money's on the awesomely named Andy Schleck from, of all places, Luxembourg. As a youngster, brought up in Belgium, Eddy Merckx was one of my childhood heroes - surely one of, if not the, best cyclist of all times.Our sporting trials and tribulations are somewhat more mundane: golf at the weekend anyone? There is a new-format Stableford at the weekend, for which a number of JLCers have signed up. Start times as I remember have been allocated as follows: Nigel 10:08, Colin 10:14, Martin 10:54, Rolf 11:10, Benedict 11:18 and Roland 11:26 (all times on Sunday).
On Saturday, Kathryn and I have the next round of the Flitch Salver (mixed competition for married couples only) against Kevin and Lisa Smith: this will be a tough ask, but wish us luck!
1) Thanks for the start times, Martin.
ReplyDeleteI will be in Paris for a day trip for a roadshow tomorrow. What about a coffee in the Champs Elisées some time in the morning. My meetings don't start until 3 p.m.?
2) Happy to join Nigel and Stuart for 9 holes later today.
1) - sory Rolf, am UK-based tmrw
ReplyDeleteMight be able to play a few holes tonight, if anyone cares to join.
ReplyDeletewill try to join you at 6.15 p.m.
ReplyDeleteErm - I guess I need a "Yes" or a "No"! "Maybe" not so helpful.
ReplyDeleteN
lets make it a yes then...
ReplyDeleteMarvelissimo.
ReplyDeleteNigel - sorry I can't join you tonight - off to a concert with the birthday kids (Nick and Bryony)!
ReplyDeleteHave fun - nice evening for golf!
I'll be at Burhill for a few holes later today (from 5.30p.m.)... Any company welcome.
ReplyDelete(Given the Stableford on Sunday, I will not play on Sat)