These two must represent a decent side bet for the Open this week... The chance of a non-US winner cannot be anything but excellent with all the British success in the US: Westwood, Poulter or maybe two-times winner Justin Rose for the Open? You heard it here first...Much more important than all these shenanigans at St Andrews is what sort of availability we have for golf at the coming weekend: Nigel, I know, is away, Roland can presumably no longer cite cricket as an excuse for his continued no-shows, Colin must be released from domestic duties, Rolf out of mourning, Adrian made a plea for last weekend so still knows where his clubs are, has Robert gone on leave yet? and Martin has returned refreshed from Provence... what are the plans guys?
Boys! I was free this sunday PM, but nobody wanted to play with me , so had a great time at Walton Heath Instead!
ReplyDeleteYou'll be pleased to know that I am free all saturday , for anyone hat cares to join me!
Rolando - great you available. How about 0815 for cofee, tee off at 0830 on Sat? I'll bring my hat along...
ReplyDeletePlayed the club captains in a post-Goblets mixed foursome yesterday, dutifully losing on the penultimate hole.
ReplyDeleteAs regards next weekend, I should be available on Sat, by which time I should also have overcome the world cup blues (although I remain quite excited about their attacking game).
I would try to bring Benedict along for golf on Sat (if only to bring down the average cost which currently ranges in the region of GBP 300 per round this year).
If we turn out to be awkward numbers, I am happy to split up and have a separate game with Benedict alone or together with Nigel and Stuart or any other combination. In short: I am pretty flexible.
am keen to join the sat morning group if the numbers work out, as Hope and I are off to Avignon to the festival on Sunday for four days
ReplyDeleteAm also keen to join in on Sat morning, especially as I didn't play last weekend! 8.15 for coffee is fine with me.
ReplyDeleteSounds like we have a quorum... now we need to make sure that the weather, which has been so good, stays friendly...
ReplyDeleteThe sun's just come out and I am off to Burhill for a few holes. Any company welcome!
ReplyDeleteOn your own tonight I am afraid... And it's raining here in Glasgow!
ReplyDeleteLooks like we would be awkward numbers, so Benedict and I will leave you to it and probably play somewhat later tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteHave fun!
Rolf
On 5Live, John Daly's girlfriend has just told every wife/g'friend in the UK to allow their other half to play golf tomorrow...
ReplyDeletesee you all there at 8.15!
ReplyDeleteThis evening (Monday) Stuart and I will be heading out for a few holes or so. 6.15ish? Any joiners?
ReplyDelete