This weekend should see a few cracking international rugby games but nothing potentially more exciting than the 5 p.m. Twickenham clash between England and France.AJ and I are lucky enough to have been awarded tickets via the RFU ballot... should be fun. Allez Les Bleus!...not....
I am not sure if anyone has seen it, but there is a notice on the board in the mens' changing rooms explaining a change to the tee off arrangements on competition days: the other course, i.e. that not being used for the competition, will have both the 1st and 9/10th tees reserved for either 3 or 4 balls groups only (no 2 balls allowed).
This weekend sees competitions on both Saturday and Sunday: there is the third round of the Nations Cup on the first day of the weekend (shotgun start @ 0830) and the Fairs Cup on the Sunday.
What are everyone's plans?
I am not sure if anyone has seen it, but there is a notice on the board in the mens' changing rooms explaining a change to the tee off arrangements on competition days: the other course, i.e. that not being used for the competition, will have both the 1st and 9/10th tees reserved for either 3 or 4 balls groups only (no 2 balls allowed).
This weekend sees competitions on both Saturday and Sunday: there is the third round of the Nations Cup on the first day of the weekend (shotgun start @ 0830) and the Fairs Cup on the Sunday.
What are everyone's plans?

I think, to fit in with M.Morley's hectic schedule, that we agreed to play Sunday. Which works for Rolf also I believe.
ReplyDeleteNot sure that the new arrangements are very friendly - I can see it from a congestion point of view, but will make impromptu games harder to engage in.
Sunday's fine with me.
ReplyDeleteAnd for those of you, who had been getting really worried: My sandwedge has been found. Thanks to the remorseful clubnapper, who handed it in at the proshop after last week's public campaign on this blog!
Will revert on Sunday golf as may be picked for Nations Cup team on Sat.
ReplyDeleteYour point on new arrangements is right: I pointed it out to highlight that if we ever were to turn up as a fivesome on a competition day, we would have a problem.
Man Killed on Golf Course . . . The Price of Honesty!
ReplyDeleteA foursome of guys is waiting at the men's tee while a foursome of women is hitting from the ladies' tee in front of them. The ladies are taking their time.
When the final lady is ready to hit her ball, she hacks it 10 feet. Then she goes over and whiffs it completely. Then she hacks it another ten feet and finally hacks it another five feet.
She looks up at the patiently waiting men and says apologetically, "I guess all those fukcing lessons I took over the winter didn't help."
One of the men immediately responds, "Well, here you have it. You should have taken golf lessons instead!"
He never even had a chance to duck. He was 43.......
Martin and I were assured by the new Captain on Sunday that anything that goes into the Club Suggestions Book will be reviewed and commented upon by the Club Committee. On that basis, and taking up this sensible cause, I suggest we make a number of separate entries/complaints in the Suggestions Book next Sunday (which day is fine for me as well - unless we find we're five of course).
ReplyDeleteIt doesn't look like we've agreed a time on Sunday - anyone got any preferences?
ReplyDeleteI recall someone mentioned 0845 which certainly suits me.
ReplyDeletegentlemen,
ReplyDeleteHow about 8.30 am?
roland
ok with me as well
ReplyDelete...and me as well. 8.30 it is!
ReplyDeleteGentlemen,
ReplyDeleteUnfortunately, am on call and have to see a few patients first thing in morning.
Can we tee off at 9 am?
roland
What - you mean back to the original time that we changed to suit you? Oh, go on then .... See you at 9 and make sure you wash your hands.
ReplyDelete