Monday, 28 February 2011

Weekend Golf - 5th/6th March

Am not sure that even the March Hare can bring us an exciting (sports) weekend as the one we just had: great Rugby result, nail-biting cricket in India, Luke Donald awesome in Tucson, hilarious final goal in Cup Final...and an Oscar for Colin Firth et al.

If you want to create some excitement of our own, why not come down to Burhill for some golf at the weekend?

I also need to arrange a pre-JLC gathering: I realise finding a date won't be easy, but as a starter for 10: anyone who couldn't make Monday 14th March?

31 comments:

  1. So far next Monday is looking rather lonely, Martin and Roland as a twosome....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next Monday is the 7th, and in the absence of it being a bank holiday (and it isn't, I've referred to my Letts), then I guess you mean the 14th. Not wanting to appear a pedant (and I'm fully aware I do) then you said "anyone who couldn't make Monday 14th March?". I can, so I didn't say I couldn't. I am free this weekend to play either Saturday or Sunday, and maybe both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent - so we have three for Monday 14th March!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Make that 4 for Monday 14th!

    ReplyDelete
  5. gentlemen

    free to play golf anytime saturday or sunday suprisingly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. travelling at the moment, but happy to play this wkend Sat or Sun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So, how about a Sunday morning tee off? 0900? There are no competitions to worry about... Do though note this is last day for signing up to Club competitions.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds good - don't forget the Damart.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nathan e mailed and phoned to say he is back this weekend and wants to clay shoot sunday morning

    Can we do saturday or sunday pm?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm easy - could maybe do both!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adrian also a yes for Monday 14th Curry - shall we do Claygate again? 7:45 pm meet-up?

    ReplyDelete
  12. gentlemen,

    are we playing saturday or sunday morning. if sunday can we go for 12.00 start due to Nathan , as above /

    ReplyDelete
  13. MONDAY EVENING

    Just waiting for an OK from Rolf - Adrian and Robert have confirmed bilaterally.

    I shall check with them, but our usual Claygate Curry at 19:45 looks to work.

    ReplyDelete
  14. GOLF THIS WEEKEND!

    no confirmation as to what we are doing yet.what do peple want to do?

    Am or PM tommorow, or PM sunday?

    ReplyDelete
  15. As sunday seems more popular can we go for 12 on sunday?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am in the process of booking some travels for the week of 14th March, which unfortunately are beyond my control. I am doing the best I can to avoid the Monday...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sunday PM OK for me also! 12.00.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sun 12 noon confirmed from my side as well

    ReplyDelete
  19. new restaurant name: http://www.marium.co.uk/ same location

    ReplyDelete
  20. Bu**er....curry house closed on Mondays. Plan B is to try something different: http://www.laylarestaurant.co.uk in Esher. That OK with everyone?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Or possibly the Sao Siam at Tolworth - Thai food very good

    http://www.citikey.com/business/10936662/


    Robert

    ReplyDelete
  22. I would support Robert's idea. Sao Siam is quite nice... (Do they have non alcoholic beer though?)

    ReplyDelete
  23. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  24. To paraphrase John Lennon, Esher I know, but where is Tolworth? Seeing as I have never drunk, or asked for non-alcoholic "beer", I can't help you there. Actually I think Masala in Cobham is the best Indian around. Sao Siam I don't know. Maybe a bit spindthrifty on a Monday?

    ReplyDelete
  25. Guys, I am happy to go anywhere - the pleasure of your company suffices to satiate the spirit. Martin - why not just book soemewhere in Esher, Surbiton, Claygate, Hinchley Wood or Cobham - any cuisine (almost- I have some respect for my body so MacD's is out) and I will turn up.

    Robert

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lets' go for Massala in Cobham. if not happy with Sao Siam in Tolworth, or Lyala in Esher(lebenese)

    ReplyDelete
  27. So, Monday 14th, 19:30ish at Massala restaurant in Cobham.  Be there, or be square....

    ReplyDelete
  28. I shall be there, not square!

    I see from my new Burhill News that we have a Seniors Open Qualifying event at Burhill on 18th July this year. As many of the Pro stars of yester-year live in this area, there could be quite a few taking part, so I for one will probably wander down and take a peek. It's a Monday if anyone else fancies 'pulling a sickie'.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Weekend Golf - am going to give it a miss. Not feeling 100% and have a very busy day tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete