Tuesday, 18 December 2012

4th Sunday in Advent

Anyone interested in a pre-Xmas knock around?

AJ and I have been fortunate enough to be invited to play a round at Wentworth on Saturday so not around, but maybe Sunday?

33 comments:

  1. Unfortunately, I cannot make it on Sunday. I would, however, be interested in a round "between the years", e.g. on 27th or 28th...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can do 9 holes with an early start on Sunday . Need to visit mum after that

    Following sat 29th dec, is anyone free to play a game in morning?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rolando - 9 holes Sunday works for me...as long as weather not too dire...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed last night guys. First time I have drunk 4 pints in years...and was up constantly last night as a result! See Roland, Colin and Nigel (?) tomorrow at 0830 as long as this ******* rain stops!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great night......... Got Colin home safely .......

    Shooting cancelled today due to ........... Rain!

    Nat just back .... See u all tommorow morning

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not surprised...my golf at Wentworth is also cancelled...and Burhill courses also shut so we shall need to check tomorrow morning.

    Robert got us home safely too (thanks!).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gentlemen

    Hope you all had a great Xmas

    Free to play on Saturday 8./8.30 am but 90% chance of rain

    Let me know !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Weather forecast for Saturday does in fact look ugly. Any chance playing on Sunday, which BBC reckons will be a sunny day?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Still checking on the movements of My Son and Heir, but Sunday definitely looking less bad than Saturday though if the rain promised on the front of the Independent actually falls, we can probably go whistle for golf on either day...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry chaps - will be at the Club on Sunday, but for a big family lunch up in the carver. Weather permitting, will be free on either 1st, 2nd or 3rd Jan.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Am playing with AJ on Sunday.

    Roland - you still interested in Sat am?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Played 9 holes with Benedict and Stuart today. Have also agreed to play with the two on Sunday. Any chance to team up, Martin? Anybody else interested in joining in?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Martin

    Still interested in say AM , weather permitting ! 9 holes?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds good. Let's touch base in the morning, Rolando and play by ear once we se what weather has in store

    ReplyDelete
  15. Played with Benedict and Stuart today. Everybody played quite well. Great farewell round!
    Have a good New Year!
    Regards,
    Rolf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rolf

      Happy new year ! Picking up mum today so sorry couldn't play . Played yesterday

      Delete
    2. What's this about farewell round?

      Delete
  16. Leaving Burhill Golf Club, sadly, but with lots of fond memories.
    Having said that, I am sure, I will play at Burhill again, as a guest, if invited...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mainly because medium-term plans include spending 4 - 6 months abroad (e.g. Spain) p.a. Happy to elaborate further over a couple of drinks ...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very sad to see you both go: you will be missed.

    I refuse to believe that the few pounds thereby saved (what will you do with them anyway?) will compensate for the banter and camaraderie foregone.

    These will be even more important if combined with extended Spanish vacations, which may provide you with sun and sand but little in the way of friendship. The latter is all we shall have left once we all have used up Roland's projection of the +/- 10 years of physical fitness that remain.

    What have we spent all these years working for, if not to allow us to spend a bit of money on what is truly important to us?

    But what do I know?

    I am sure the people who play at Pyrford or wherever are very nice people.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Martin,
    This is clearly a misunderstanding. I am only leaving Burhill Golf Club, as it is difficult to justify when I am not around half of the time. It is probably also the only realistic way for Benedict to maintain a golf membership in his early professional years.
    My leaving Burhill has nothing to do with our friendship, banter or any other aspect of JLC life, which remain very close to my heart.
    After 300+ rounds at Burhill it will be nice to try out a different course and I hope that you (and the rest of the gang) will join me for rounds (in the UK or in Spain) occasionally. Likewise I will be happy to play with you at Burhill on a green fee/ guest basis, if you invite me. Altogether, it should not be difficult to match the number of times we played together this year.
    So, from the point of view of what really matters, nothing has changed, as far as I am concerned.
    I wish you a Happy New Year!
    Rolf

    ReplyDelete
  20. looking forward to playing both home and away!

    why's it cheaper for Benedict elsewhere?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Martin and I planning to play New Years day at some stage if weather permitting. Anyone up for that - members and/or guests welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  22. weather permitting being the key phrase...

    ReplyDelete
  23. sorry boys........

    mother staying so tied up tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  24. Can play next sunday if anyone wishes?

    A happy new year to all!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Any one for golf late sat morning ........ 11.00 am or sunday am/pm?

    ReplyDelete
  26. I have a Mixed match on Sat morning. Sunday may work but not sure yet

    ReplyDelete
  27. Dear All,

    sunday works better for me , especially late morning onwards as Izzy goes back to university about 10 in the morning!

    ReplyDelete